Happy Wednesday fashion lovers! Today's post includes some of my favorite fashion finds, all together displaying one of my coveted styling tricks-- mixing hard and soft together in one outfit ensemble.
Yes ma'am. Clearly this shot is the epitome of mixing hard and soft. Right away there was something about this photo that caught your attention, but you probably weren't able to put your finger on it. That's because the juxtaposition of mixing a delicate lace top with distressed denim and rock-studded heels truly creates a delicate, aesthetically pleasing balance of feminine (soft) mixed with edgy (hard). When it comes to balancing the two, you really can't get more delicate and feminine than a blush lace; nor can you get more edgy than distressed denim with studded pointy-toe pumps.
Now, before we take a closer look, please allow me to clarify one thing. We're showcasing this lace top because it's stunning, BUT, for styling purposes, especially for a daytime look, this top is truly something you would layer under a romper, dress, etc. (Also, this top is nude lined. There is nothing sheer about it in the bust area.)
And now for my closeup. ;) You may have failed to notice this beautiful jewelry from afar. Maybe you saw it, but the overall look is what caught your eye. This stunning necklace and hand chain truly add unique, feminine touches to further balance this look. *And, for simplicity's sake, I will post all information pertaining to brand links, boutique info, and purchasing discounts (with promo codes) at the end of this blog.
This above photo is all about the grace and beauty that comes with being a woman. After all, why not celebrate being a girl? Personally, I feel most beautiful when I'm wearing heels (obviously, as "heels" is in the title of my blog name). I also love when my my overall makeup is natural but my eyes are dramatic. When it comes to my favorite outfits, I'm all about mixing warm tones (like this blush top) with cool tones (blue denim).
And isn't this shirt so much fun? For me it doubles as a comfortable tank to pair back to skirts and shorts, but it also works great as a bathing suit cover-up.
And I'm sure you're loving the shoulder chain? That shoulder chain, hands down, is one of my FAVE stand-out signature accessories ever. Obsessed is an understatement!
And of course, we can't close this blog post without playing off the whole idea of, "MY OTHER SHIRT IS A BIKINI". Yes...when it's summer time in Dallas, we kinda live in our swimsuits. After all, what better way is there to cool off in this Texas heat? This bikini is fun, flirty and feminine! It's truly unlike any bathing suit I have ever worn. I just love it!!! And the accessories paired with it (specifically the antique metal necklace) once again balance hard and soft.
Now for the outfit details. In order to receive an exclusive discount, simply enter promo code "Laurastyle" at checkout. If you choose to shop in person at the boutiques listed below, that's awesome too. Simply tell them that you heard about their boutique on my blog and they will honor the 10% discount / promo code for you! :)
LOOK #1, OUTFIT DETAILS:
* Necklace: Kori Green. Available at the Abi Ferrin flagship store in West Village in Dallas, TX. Feel free to check out her collection HERE, but you want absolutely want to order her jewelry through the Abi Ferrin boutique in order to receive your exclusive discount!
* Hand Chain: St. Raine: Just remember "LAURASTYLE" at checkout!
* Lace Top: For Love And Lemons skivvies. The same skivvies top can be purchased in other colors (like stunning tropical orange and black) at Bask Boutique AND you get your discount with the promo code!
* Watch: Chanel. Available at Neiman Marcus.
* Denim: AG. Available at Nordstrom.
* Shoes: Valentino. Available at Neiman Marcus.
LOOK #2, OUTFIT DETAILS:
* Tank Top: Bask Boutique. Currently sold out. Sorry dolls!
* Shoulder Chain: Opal Milk by Rye sold exclusively at the Abi Ferrin boutique. You can also purchase the Opal Milk by Rye collection online HERE. Remember promo code "Laurastyle" at checkout. You receive the same discount online as you do at the AF boutique. (This shoulder chain was a custom piece that I ordered at a Trunk Show at the Abi Ferrin boutique. It can be ordered through the Abi Ferrin boutique, or on the Opal Milk by Rye web site.)
LOOK #3, OUTFIT DETAILS:
* Bikini: Bask Boutique.
* Necklace: Opal Milk by Rye. (This exact necklace was also a custom piece that I ordered at a Trunk Show at the Abi Ferrin boutique. It can be ordered through the Abi Ferrin boutique, or on the Opal Milk by Rye web site.)
Professional Photo Credit: Marcus Lopez Photography
Venue: SISU Uptown | And a huge THANK you to Dan Bui, owner of SISU!
Makeup: Jeff Roose from Neiman Marcus
Hair: Cam Allison from Pin Salon Dallas
On-site styling assistance: Mary Massoudi Guevara
All styling and media inquiries can be directed to: Laura@life-stylebylaura.com
All skinnyinheels.com blog posts are © of Laura Fedock with Life-STYLE by Laura. All rights reserved. The content, verbiage and descriptions used in this post and any blog post cannot be copied or republished without written consent from Laura Fedock. All photo credit is given to photographers when the photo is taken by a professional photographer.
Post a Comment